Good Morning Woodlands. As you know, we are having a huge focus on reading and comprehension this year. Did you know that you use your comprehension skills all the time. Every time you look at a picture, watch a tv programme or film, you are using comprehension skills to work out what is happening, and to even predict what might happen next. To help us develop this, I'm going to post a picture here with some questions. You can answer the questions as a comment to this blog post.
Here are my questions:
1. What can you see in the picture?
2. Do you like the picture? Why?
3. Can you suggest 5 words to describe the picture?
4. What do you think these people do for jobs? How do you know?
5. Are these people happy? Why?
6. Why do you think the man is carrying the fork?
7. What might these people have been talking about when this picture was taken?
8. Can you suggest a title for this painting?
At the end of the week, I will reveal the title and tell you a little more about it.